.:SS:.CLAN.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:SS:.CLAN.

.Best.of.the.Best.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gore SE on Windows 7 ??

Go down 
+2
MirrorImage
Mrcho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 11:26 pm

Is anyone running Gore SE on Windows 7 ?

I just installed it and I have problems running the game, it says the update failed and the game cant open. Im not sure if its because of W7 or because I have a problem elsewhere, can anyone confirm that Gore works on W7 ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssclan.net
MirrorImage
.Clan.Member.
.Clan.Member.
MirrorImage

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm

It works for me on my Windows 7 Ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 12:44 am

Yeah? I have the Ultimate too....

Wierd shit, it still cant open...
Back to top Go down
Acromus

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 6:13 am

Gore SE only runs on MacOSX
Back to top Go down
mage_wizard

mage_wizard

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 10:19 am

My brother run it on Windows 7 and it works perfectly

I wonder how can I make it work on Linux
Back to top Go down
https://boom-clan.forumotion.net/forum
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 8:06 pm

Just simply cant make it run on Windows 7 Ultimate ..... I even installed the whole game from 0 and it still wont run. When trying to open it the error msg pops up saying: THE AUTOMATED UPDATE PROGRAM WAS UNABLE TO CHECK FOR UPDATES. PLEASE SEE THE LOG IN THE UPDATES FOLDER FOR DETAILS.

When I go into the update folder, there is nothing written there. I tried manually opening the GOREUPDATE file and it just wont open, I click on it and absolutely nothing happens, I click 30 times on it, and nothing......... so that must be the problem why the game wont open since if the UPDATE file cant run, the game wont either ..... Anyone have a clue why the goddam stupid update file wont open on W7 ?????
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

And BTW yes I did go to the Properties and and selected Compatibility on each and every one of the Windows listed and it still wont run .........

Tried opening in safe mode, still wont open .... Tried opening as ADMINISTRATOR....still nothing.....
Back to top Go down
MadMax

MadMax

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 12:40 am

Try forwarding a port fore gore! I been running it on win 7 for a long time, but there can be blocks! Oh another thing u might want to check is you got all the old updates installed before running gore! The new updates my be causing problems! another problem I had was with open gl drivers, i had to seach for some manually! worth a try, i hope u get up and going soon bro!
Back to top Go down
MirrorImage
.Clan.Member.
.Clan.Member.
MirrorImage

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Ive got those messages before but then i ran gore in safemode and it worked
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 9:22 pm

I already tried turning the firewall completely OFF and it still wouldnt open ... Also I backed up the all updated Gore version from my HD that was running a couple weeks ago and it still doesnt want to start, still says GOREUPDATE CANT OPEN etc.........its not really about updated files, its really because the gore main file is configured such way that it checks for updates every time you open the game, but if for ANY reason the game CANNOT check for updates, it simply wont open.....and since GOREUPDATE.EXE does not want to open for some stupid reason cuz bill gates is a goddam faggot and cuz joel is even worse, then im fucked.............if I could only open that stupid GOREUPDATE.EXE file everything would work great, but for SOME reason it just doesnt want to run ........... there's no error, no anything, I click on it and just NOTHING happens, like I never clicked..............

This shit is starting to annoy me, I really thought W7 was better than XP but now I see....

Mirror you say you had that same problem before?? Are you sure that running in safe mode repaired the issue and not something else??? Cuz I ran in safe mode and I still couldnt open the file / game ....
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 10:41 pm

Fixed the problem ....

I have this old gore se installation file, back from version 1.56 beta and somehow that was causing the problem with W7 .... I never had problems with that on XP.... I decided to download a complete new version from 4d rulers and installed that version and all of sudden no problems running the GOREUPDATE.EXE .... oh well ... such bs.............
Back to top Go down
Skith

Skith

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:51 pm

glad to see that you got it working but if you installed windoes 7 from vista you can always run old programs on vista all you have to do is right click the program and should be a way to set it up to run on vista while the rest of your comp runs on windows 7. i running windows 7 but i upgraded from windows vista along time ago. so i never had that problem with gore but i have had problems with other programs that i have to go back and run on vista
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan 2011, 2:48 pm

I know, but the problem is even though I tried to run it in compatibility with XP it didnt want to run, there was some other problem that was obstructing gore from running on W7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gore SE on Windows 7 ??   Gore SE on Windows 7 ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gore SE on Windows 7 ??
Page 1 of 1