.:SS:.CLAN.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:SS:.CLAN.

.Best.of.the.Best.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tact server Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raptor
.Clan.Member.
.Clan.Member.
Raptor

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Tact server Help   Tact server Help Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 8:25 pm

Hello Guys

I am trying to setup a tact server be for practice more than anything,I have it up an running an it shows up ,my trouble is, The someof the maps come in as assult, Inthe create a server game I click on the map to make it extermination,when the map cycles back through it comes back as assault Hit wall is there something I need to do with a cfg,File? an how do you delete some of the Maps ? I am running Vista Home premium, I turned off user account trying to get this to work didn`t Help

I have searched the forums for how to setup a server,but I can`t find anything on this , any help would be appreciated

SS Raptor
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tact server Help   Tact server Help Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

Go into Gore's folder, click on folder "gorerules" then click on folder "settings" .. then you gotta open file "TACTRULES" ... in there you can modify most of settings for your server, you can put maps in rotation or remove them, you'll see a list there....probably some of your maps have it set to automatically play assault, you'll have to erase "assault" and type "extermination" next to every map ... if you want to add some maps just add level13, level14 etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssclan.net
Raptor
.Clan.Member.
.Clan.Member.
Raptor

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Thanks    Tact server Help Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 11:12 pm

Thanks Mr. cho

I did as you said and now I see how you can add or delete the maps Thanks alot

Raptor
Back to top Go down
Raptor
.Clan.Member.
.Clan.Member.
Raptor

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Tact server Question   Tact server Help Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm

Hello again

All is running with the server ,Is there away to run it with out there having to be a figure in there, when you see the Server online there is always 1 listed as in there Thats the only thing now, these other servers theres no one in there, and yet they are up an running is That what is referred to as a "stand alone"? I printed off "Gore stand alone server configuration",but i don`t understand what to do .

Thanks in advance

Raptor

Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tact server Help   Tact server Help Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:13 pm

Yes its running off a host machine. Thats why I was telling you that LOUISVILLE server isnt very good lag-wise talking .... very often people that run servers from their own machines, servers cannot be very busy. Only with 2 peeps in it, the ping shows 75 on the scoretab, but in reality the ping is 175, because there is A LOT of packet loss ....... when a few people join, the ping goes even higher and it lags even more, almost not playable...... Thats why we pay to a specialized company to host our stand alone game server, they have machines that are especially made for running a game server and extra fast internet connection supporting the full bandwidth even though if 20 peeps play it shouldnt lag more than if there was 2 peeps, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssclan.net
Sponsored content

Tact server Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tact server Help   Tact server Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tact server Help
Page 1 of 1