.:SS:.CLAN.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:SS:.CLAN.

.Best.of.the.Best.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

.SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May

Go down 
+4
Xena
Spyder
TKO
Mrcho
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

.SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Empty
PostSubject: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 12:18 am

.SS. vs [NWP]

GameMode
TACT [7vs7]

Server
Yet to decide (Stock 1.50 server)
Password: *****

Date & Time
Friday 9th May 2008

Depending on where you live here's the list of the time when the clan war starts:
23:00 Eastern time
22:00 Central time
21:00 Mountain, Arizona
20:00 Pacific time

Maps
[NWP] - Border
.SS. - Cube
.SS. - Station
[NWP] - Vertigo

4 Maps 5 rounds each, .SS. starts as UMC for 4 maps then we switch sides we go MOB for 4 same maps we played as UMC.

.SS. picks 2, [NWP] picks 2

Rules
Resctrictions: 1 Chik, 1 Heavy, 2 Snipers, no Mechs
Server maximum will be set at 14, so no observers are allowed.
Whole NWP clan is on SS ignore list except Deadly.
A couple of our players start to lag bad and/or go 999, we stop the war right there and re-schedule it to continue on another date.
In case of a tie, won rounds are counted to decide who won.

HALFTIME: 10min Break before switching sides

Last edited by Mrcho on Wed 30 Apr 2008, 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssclan.net
TKO
TKO

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 3:32 am

So thats 7 vs 7 ?!
I'll play, we need 6 more lol
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 1:07 pm

yup Razz
Back to top Go down
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

Should make a habit of asking if you can use people's servers etcetc. If I wasn't going to be playing in this war, I would probably say no.

If you put me on ignore, you'll never get anything done since I run the server *moth
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 3:18 pm

Spyder wrote:
Should make a habit of asking if you can use people's servers etcetc. If I wasn't going to be playing in this war, I would probably say no.

If you put me on ignore, you'll never get anything done since I run the server *moth

Asked Deadly, he said he'd ask you but was pretty sure there wont be a problem.

Since there seems to be a problem I will look forward borrowing someone's server.

Thank you.

BTW Yes you'll be on ignore.
Back to top Go down
Xena

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 4:23 pm

Well crap I dont want to say no to the first war I see after joining. My son has an awards ceremony that night for JROTC (My sons awards and achievements come first). It starts at 7pm and will probably last 2 hours. Let me check with him to make sure it was that Friday but pretty positive it is. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lead

Lead

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 5:43 pm

Well hopefully it will be a fun match.

But honestly I miss the days of clan matches where Gore players weren't such complete noobs afraid of losing that the only way for a clan with a good win history to even get a match involves playing stacked matches. Things with setups like the other clan outnumbering us by 2 people, using cheat codes, or noobifying the game by setting limitations on all the player classes.

Although I guess the old days weren't completely without that since I think similar things happened once LAG kept winning pretty consistantly.

Like I can't think of any logical reasoning why its ok for a team to have as many rocket wielding players as they want when a map comes up where mediums are a good choice, but if a large outdoor map comes up the team is only allowed 2 sniper rifles and one minigun. Especially when public games have no such limitations.

I suppose in a way it makes things easier on us. Since if we lose we lost with a stacked deck given the limitations kind of cripples us a bit on one of our chosen maps.

GGs though. Regardless of the outcome maybe we can try a straight match in the future.
Back to top Go down
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 6:35 pm

I probably won't bother showing up. If you play on another server that is complete shit, the game will end early anyways (or you guys will complain that we're hacking you despite the universal knowledge that most of the servers have serious bandwidth problems) or if you play on my server you'll find a way to bitch about something or if I ask a question you can't see it anyways.

No point in showing up to that clusterfuck. I have much better things to do on a friday night than read a bunch of whining all night, friendlie friends.

PS LEAD: yeah, miss the days when everyone could have a fun time regardless of what the outcome was going to be. I don't think any war ever will be like the LAG vs WWI wars - where EVERYBODY was sweating trying as hard to win as possible and everybody could shit talk without a bunch of whiney punks trying to boot/ban cuz they lack the chops to shit talk back and take everything to heart. Don't even know why I even show up to these wars when you've played in probably the best wars there ever were in this game.

IMO this war is being set up with the prospect of whining being the main focus. If anybody rejoins (thus removing the ignore on them) then SS will say "OMG U BYPASSED THE IGNORE U HACK" or make some statement on how we're trying to chat at them to cheat or something stupid. Then you have the stranglehold on the player classes - FFS. Limiting snipers in a stock server? You've got to be fucking kidding me. They're one of the weakest classes - but in the hands of the great snipers, they are lethal. Maybe there is a sniper limit when playing NWP because we have so many completely rape snipers.

I'm sure there are some people that are going to be there who already have excuses written down and ready to go just in case they lose - but it would be kind of nice to see the old days where gamers showed up to fucking play, not throw the foul flag everytime they get killed.

Just IMO. I may come but it depends on if the clan needs me and if people really have the intention of playing the game as it should be played, not trying to control the outcome or whine about what happens. If you use the Durex server (what I was saying earlier is usually when you make wars you try to get the server BEFORE you make the date - it's called courtesy - I've done this a lot longer than you, so don't get all butt puckered about it) then I'll come to administrate - but if you have me on ignore and you're whining about something not being administrated, tough shit.
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 7:02 pm

Retarded.

But no problems, we'll remove then all player classes, why not?

No restrictions at ALL.

3 chiks 4 heavys, its going to be REAL fun.

Way to gay it up

You fags wanna play or not?

Goddamn wrls.

Restrictions are there to have a most balanced skin-wise game and actually see whose skills win.

Sniper is one of the best skins in the game, especially in Vertigo when some of you faggots use wallhax, glowskins, no fog and shit like that, I get killed from the other end of the map where I can see no shit thru fog even with scope zoomed at maximum whilst I see only the flash from the other sniper gun firing and of course I get shot to the head but no idea how he managed to see me whilst I can see absolutely no shit at all. So CBF that tbh. 7 Snipers using such "skills" is impossible to win on a map like Vertigo.

And IMHO, you were the ones whining and bitching the WHOLE last CW. Thats why I want to put y'all on the ignore list so I dont have to read your fucking pathetic BS.
Back to top Go down
Seek
Seek

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 7:48 pm

100% fucking truths ^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Lead

Lead

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 8:13 pm

Mrcho wrote:
Retarded.
Restrictions are there to have a most balanced skin-wise game and actually see whose skills win.

Thats kind of a contradiction though. Doing class limits only serves to hinder people's skills if they are unable to play their desired class due to some artificially set limit. The way you said it implies that the limited classes do not really require skill which isn't true. If anything medium is the class that requires the least amount of skill because it is a high damage dealing class with no strong weaknesses.

In the old days we used to set class limits too, from what I recall it was for more obscene numbers\situations, such as no more than 3 chicks in a CTF match during the days of the healing exploit for running super fast and throwing heals at the same time to keep stamina at 200.

But honestly if a team plays all chicks they'd get run down. A team of many heavys could be dealt with by using a group of good snipers because heavys mode slowly and are large easy targets. Snipers can also be run down with brute force as long as you are careful and approach them the correct way.

So there are solutions to whatever situation. The only issue is when people simultaneously refuse to adapt or accept a loss for doing so.

We still definately want to play though. But if you guys are still hell bent on class limits, you might at least maybe consider a limit of 3 snipers and 2 heavies. I don't think anyone cares if the healer limit is 1.

We haven't discussed strategies much at all just yet to be honest with you, but 3 snipers or 2 heavies aren't exactly obsecene numbers and are consistant with what you see in public games anyway.

Oh, also you guys should consider finding an 8th person even if they are just a guest player, sub or whatever. Like before I was in NWP for real I played as a sit in on a few matches. When I was in LAG I also did the same a few times. I think most of Gore finds sit in players to be perfectly acceptable as long as its only like 1 or maybe 2 people at most.
Back to top Go down
Pocket

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2008, 8:50 am

Well-said-Lead.

"I'm too sexy for my cat, too sexy for my cat . . ."
-Right Said Fred

lol!
Back to top Go down
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeSat 03 May 2008, 6:09 am

Mrcho wrote:
And IMHO, you were the ones whining and bitching the WHOLE last CW. Thats why I want to put y'all on the ignore list so I dont have to read your fucking pathetic BS.
Actually, that was you guys. You'd bitch and then storm in and try to kill us while we were responding (I think when you're saying we're hacking the server it's perfectly acceptable to respond - don't you? I KNOW you'd have a lot to say if we said you were the ones hacking the server). Don't act like you weren't whining, FFS. You always have an excuse asto why you lose - rather than just saying "GG" like Pocket, Peach, Fabrian, etc - the guys who have been doing this BS for a long time and realize that if the match is lost it's not the end of the world. I hate losing just as much as anyone, but goddamn. Once you play a few more matches perhaps your desire to win at all costs and control everything will subside because it's just a game.

Anyways, like Pocket mentioned: "Well-said-Lead" - in full agreement with him.
Back to top Go down
Lead

Lead

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 12:55 am

So is everyone ready etc?

Was the lack of answer on the class limits to mean that the game is to still take place with the 2 sniper and 1 heavy limit? :L
Back to top Go down
Greg

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 1:26 am

Which server ? ass Gay Drunk affraid
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 2:49 am

No idea.

Still looking for a server and we also have only 6 players so far, Deadly mentionned if we dont have 7 players you wont play so I'll see tomorrow if we can have anyone else play or not.
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeThu 08 May 2008, 6:10 pm

Since we have a new server host and that its supposed to be much better without much lag etc. we can play on it if you guys want its completely stock.
Back to top Go down
Spyder

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeSat 10 May 2008, 12:42 am

Good games friends. Was glad to call it a tie, I think we were all pretty tired anyways. I'm a little bummed that the Art of War servers were still a bit choppy.

I know one of you said I was a dumbshit for not setting "no observe" - first off, I want to point out that you could have said something before we clawed back to a tie and would have happily applied this if it was mentioned to me - but I also want to point out the wording of the rules:

Mrcho wrote:
Rules
Server maximum will be set at 14, so no observers are allowed.

To me, this meant nobody could be sitting out (I followed the 14 player max rule, as you seen) and it should have been implied more explicitly that you wanted to disable observe (obstats) in the SETTINGS...and if you forget whilst setting up the war, then just mention it when you notice it in the war. It's not a big deal and I'm assuming that it was just brought up out of frustration. love

Anyways, was a fun war. CBF my headset broke in the 2nd or 3rd map, so I couldn't hear out of one of the sides LOL.
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitimeSat 10 May 2008, 12:53 am

Yeah well since I thought it would be 7vs7 I thought 14max players will eliminate the observers, anyway I wrote it besides as you highlighted it, I didnt mention it in game since I thought you didnt give a crap about teh rules and that you wont make him leave so ... my bad judgement.

You can write in results thread if you want, either way, GGs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May   .SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.SS. vs [NWP] Rematch 9th May
Page 1 of 1