.:SS:.CLAN.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:SS:.CLAN.

.Best.of.the.Best.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Server stuff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyder

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 10:45 am

What is your bandwidth set at?

I've noticed that all of the servers have been fairly laggy ever since everyone had to switch over to League Servers. This is especially apparent when servers get full. Lead and I were talking about it and he wants to make sure that everyone's settings are okay first and then talk to LS about it. I personally think that they are shoving Gore on shitty over-capacity boxes reserved for small games (meanwhile big games like CoD4, UT, etc get the big mean boxes with plenty of bandwidth). This would perfectly explain why your server hasn't been as stable as it should be (I don't think it should be that unstable even with bandwidth set lower than it should - but those problems combined with a full server at a high usage time like on a friday night would definitely explain why the war was complete ass - specifically for the data center pipe leading to eastern players).

Perhaps renting a larger server but not making all those spots available would help (aka, renting 18 spots but only setting the server for 16 spots) although I'm not particularly sure on the specs of that. The bandwidth setting of the server (in your GOD file) attempts to pull that amount of bandwidth. If you set it to pull a billion gigs, it'll try to do that - but at the end of the day it's the server and network that dictates the maximum it is allotted so IMO the bandwidth setting on the server is either too low or the box is too full and other games are utilizing all of the bandwidth we pay for and expect. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as League Servers has provided one of the lowest prices I've seen - with that may come a lower grade server/network to run it on.
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 12:46 pm

It does lag more than other hosts...

When the server was at 20 max, It was at 200 000, then I switched to 160 000 and it still lagged, then I put max to 18 with 130 000 and it still lagged, now Im at 16 with 100 000 and didnt test it much yet. However it never lagged again that the connection interrupts like in the war, when the server is under load it does lag a little but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssclan.net
Acromus

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 2:47 pm

bandwidthin should have at least:
maxconnect x 20000

bandwidthout should have at least:
maxconnect x 40000

maxconnect 20
-->
bandwidthin 400000
bandwidthout 800000
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 9:39 pm

Umm, that how you guys run @S7 servers?
Back to top Go down
Acromus

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 11:49 am

yes
Sardonic has figured this out somehow .. dunno how ..
But it works very well

We have a big bandwidth, can run multiple servers with over 16 playerspots each, and everything runs fine ...
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

Maybe it depends on the host????? Max. Bandwidth it allows to Gore etc. ?
Back to top Go down
Spyder

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 8:08 pm

It wouldn't hurt to try it out and see how that plays out.
Back to top Go down
Acromus

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2008, 6:19 am

Mrcho wrote:
When the server was at 20 max, It was at 200 000, then I switched to 160 000 and it still lagged, then I put max to 18 with 130 000 and it still lagged, now Im at 16 with 100 000 and didnt test it much yet.

Well, this doesn't make any sense to me
Increase the bandwidthin/out, OR decrease the maxconnect
but don't decrease both values

Try it out with the formula I've posted above !
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2008, 1:58 pm

I just put those settings in.

We'll see how it goes...
Back to top Go down
Mrcho
Administrator
Administrator
Mrcho

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 1:52 pm

There were 10 peeps in the server yesterday and I didnt seem to lag at all and neither were others...

I'll leave it like this see what happens on a full server or at least 16-17 players...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server stuff   Server stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server stuff
Page 1 of 1